Saturday, December 31, 2016

Wrapping Up 2016 & Welcoming 2017

Window to the Mediterranean

Thank you for a powerful year 2016, and for being part of my perfume world!

This was a remarkable year for me - both personally and professionally:

  • Completed Perfume4aPlace - a collection of perfumes inspired by my favourite places in Vancouver, including Komorebi, Sunset BeachLost Lagoon and Coal Harbour.
     
  • Launched a new website - which I hope makes your online experience much more enjoyable. The new website is much more user friendly on any device you choose to browse on; and enables you to add product reviews, read and search all of my blog posts, and also helps me to manage orders and customers profiles in a much more efficient way.
     
  • Taught more students than ever who entered my Perfume School and partake in no less than five the in-studio Foundation of Natural Perfumery courses, as well as enrol in the new correspondence program.
     
  • Last but not least: I finally took the plunge and moved my entire life - and studio - overseas to a scenic Mediterranean off-the-grid village of Clil - a small community that is eco-conscious, solar-powered and bursting with creativity and social life. I am now surrounded by my family, childhood friends and teachers - in the same place where I grew up. It's a 180 switch, and been quite a roller coaster, but I hope that the coming year will prove it to be the right decision.   I'm still living in a yurt and am in full-blast renovation mode, but fulfilling orders as usual out of a suitcase, and developing a growing appreciation for non-nomadic lifestyle. 
In the coming year, once my home and studio are ready, I will plant a perfumer's botanical garden on the land surrounding it, incorporating the wildlife in this little fragrant paradise and I hope to get into micro-rpdocution of distillation and extraction of these locally grown plants. At least a hundred fragrant plants can grow here and provide a live demonstration for where our natural perfumes can come from.
I also am anticipating for courses and classes to commence in the spring of 2017. In the meantime, there is my book and correspondence courses (Citrus is out already, and Fougère is not that far from being released as well) to keep my students busy!  

Other than that, my online boutique is open as usual (from the above mentioned, resourceful suitcase, and now also the occasional plunge into the container that arrived more-or-less safely), and I'm offering FREE SHIPPING on most orders* until January 7th, to welcome the New Year 2017! 

Many blessings for 2017 - may it be a year of connectedness, healing, peace and abundance! 

Ayala

P.s. The above photo is view of Mediterranean lagoons from the seawall of the ancient city of Acre (we pronounce it Akko). Isn't it beautiful? 

* Free shipping does not include orders of individual samples (if you order 4 samples or less, shipping fees will apply). 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home