Monday, August 06, 2012

Monkey Monday: Miss T's Choice

First of all: Happy BC Day!
While all of you are back to work, we British Columbians are getting an extra day of summer fun at the beach, kayaking away or visiting Powell Street festival (Miss T and I are yet to make up our minds, but the options are wide open!).

Last week, my daughter came out of her room all smiles and was warning me: "Don't eat perfume!". I noticed an unusual yet familiar scent around her, but I ignored it as I was too busy making breakfast etc.


As I stepped into her room for a moment, there was no denying the fragrance: Oh my - the entire room reeked of perfume! I looked at the funny looking bottled it came from, laughed and asked her to let me smell her perfume; a request upon which she stretched out her wrists in front of my nose, just like a pro... She certainly is my daughter (not that I ever had any doubts...). The perfume is well-made, yet humorous, abstract fruity floral (I can't really pinpoint any particular notes in it, they are all pretty much "made up" but in a good way). It's modern, yet not nearly as disgusting, boring, edible and lame as what most young girls are "supposed" to wear these days. Lastly, it's older than Miss T, but not that old: it was released in the 90's.

It was a happy day for her, that perfume must have put her in a particularly good mood! And the next day, her camp councilor brought a makeup kit for a "style contest" activity, plus her own perfume for Miss T to smell: a fairly recent (though not shiny-new) sweet-woody-musky scent by a rather conservative mainstream North American luxury clothing line. Needless to say, Tamya won the "Best Style" award that week!

So - for today, you get 2 chances to win our weekly prize, if you guess either or both perfumes correctly: what my daughter picked to wear to summer camp; and what her camp leader was wearing.

The prize: a mini of Tamya, and a mini spray of Fresh Index Pomegranate Anise.

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At August 06, 2012 11:42 AM, Anonymous Bridget Theodore said...

Good lord this is tough. Ok, I think maybe the teacher was wearing a Coach perfume...perhaps Coach Poppy? No idea what your daughter was wearing!

 
At August 06, 2012 10:11 PM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Bridget - congrats on your previous week's winning!
You're brave to try guessing this one. Not easy for sure!
I should have described the perfume Miss T picked, instead of the very vague mentions... I've just edited the post so you can read my (still vague) description of the scent that could hint to better guesses :-)

 
At August 06, 2012 10:46 PM, Anonymous Bridget Theodore said...

Ok, your edits helped but I'm probably still taking a stab in the dark on this one. I'm going to say your daughter was wearing Escada Acte 2. It has an odd bottle, was made in the 90's, and has a fruity/floral fragrance. Now I'm having flashbacks of perfume I wore in high school during the 90's (Jovan White Musk/Revlon's Fire and Ice anyone?) I'm interested to see what other people think it might be!

 
At August 08, 2012 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Daughter wearing Candie's from 1999. I haven't been able to get past the "don't eat perfume" statement and originally thought, especially given the "funny bottle" description, that it was one of the DKNY Be Delicious flankers with the "stick" stopper that look like candy/toffee apples.
But then you gave the 90s clue, so.... But I'm not really feeling like Candie's matches the "funny bottle" description. If I were going by bottle I'd go for Tocade or Cheap and Chic, but I'm not sure anything I've read on their scent description matches your hint.

2. Counsellor wearing Euphoria by Calvin Klein, which possibly meets the description of "rather conservative mainstream N.A. luxury clothing line". I was also thinking of something by Carolina Herrera, say 212 Sexy or one of the other 212s.

This has definitely been a challenge.

-- Lindaloo

 
At August 10, 2012 1:43 PM, Anonymous Alityke said...

Daughter wearing eponymous Lolita Lempicka and teacher wearing Romance Ralph Lauren

 
At August 15, 2012 12:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Today is first time i've read your blog (i love your writing, your humor and the amount of info are great). 1. I think your daughter's camp counsellor may have been wearing Fantasy by Britney Spears and 2. the bottle from the 90's might be Poison Dior

 
At August 17, 2012 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess that the first one is BYBLOS, and the second one is Lacoste's "Touch of Pink." HD

 
At August 18, 2012 8:16 PM, Anonymous EM said...

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess your daughter was in J'Adore (it IS a funny bottle) or Clinique Happy, though that's

My gut agrees with whomever said Ralph Lauren Romance was worn by her counselor...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home