Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Blunda Perfume Exhibitions

Beginning in March 2009, Blunda in Los Angeles will showcase a natural botanical perfumer every month. The exhibitions at Blunda will highlight perfumery as an art form. Each exhibit is dedicated to the perfumer as an artist, and most perfumers will be physically present at Blunda for a special event during that month.

Here is the exhibit schedule:
March 2009 - Velvet and Sweet Pea's Purrfumery (Laurie Stern)
April 2009 - Ayala Moriel Parfums
May - Persephenie (Blunda)
June - Artemisia Perfume (Lisa Fong)
July - YOSH Olfactory Sense (Yosh Han)
August - JoAnne Bassett
September - Elena Steel
October - DSH Perfumes (Dawn Spencer Hurwitz)

For the weekend of April 17-19 I will be visiting Blunda for a special event of afternoon tea and a presentation with Q&A. This will be a unique art-show event. I will be presenting the perfume I’ve designed last spring as part of the Perfume Inside a Poem project on Memory & Desire blog, - a cherry blossom perfume inspired by a poem by Ezra Pound; as well as showcasing images of cherry blossom in Vancouver that I photographed while making the perfume.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At February 28, 2009 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really looking forward to your cherry blossom fragrance. I need to try that and frangipani gloves!

 
At April 16, 2009 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ayala!

Just sending sweet wishes for your Exhibition at Blunda's this weekend! I wish I could get there but can't and look forward to meeting you sometime.
Enjoy~ I know you will have a fabulous experience as I did!

Warmly,
Laurie Stern
Velvet & Sweet Pea's Purrfumery

 
At April 17, 2009 11:24 PM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Trish,
I'm so glad you liked Hanami!
Thank you so much for writing about it on ScentHive blog and helping me spread the word about the event @ Blunda!
Looking forward to meeting you in person one of these days.

 
At April 17, 2009 11:26 PM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Laurie,
Thank you so much for stopping by my SmellyBlog!
I've been really enjoying your gorgeous whipped butters! I will have to steal some from Persephenie ;-)
I wish I could be at your event and I'm sure our paths will cross again sometime soon. I have a feeling this will not be my last visit to California.
Hugs,
Ayala
P.s. I love it here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home