Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Mental Notes: Nuts on Matcha and Lilacs

Today (or is it already yesterday?) is an exotic nutty day - I was wearing Vetiver Tonka, which had that unique sesame seed note roasting in the background.
Surprisingly, the traditional (unsweetened) matcha I had late this afternoon at Steeps Tea was nutty and smelled like white chocolate or cocoa butter.
On the way back home this evening after belly dancing I met two lilac bushes, one in full bloom with tiny flowers and one with large ones but not as fragrant or as abundant quite yet. The small one, planted in a bit pot on the patio of a restaurant on Davie street, was so fragrant it was just like perfume on a bush.
It reminded me of how strange it was to compare Diorissimo just a few days ago with the real living flowers. Side by side, they almost had nothing common. At least it wasn't all that obvious with the parfum concentration. Which goes to show that Diorissimo is a perfume, not just a lily of the valley note.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At May 07, 2008 3:49 AM, Blogger chayaruchama said...

Isn't it amazing, about the lilacs, and the Diorissimo ?
I've often mused on that...

Vetiver Tonka- my Isaac's signature.
I can virtually smell it, on your skin- you two have similar coloring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home