Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Changing the World, One Nose At A Time

A few weeks ago, I received an email from a lady who is what most perfumistas call a "perfume hater". Her email passionately inquired how can I live with myself being part of an industry so full of toxic, carcinogenic chemicals that threat the well-being of humans and the environment.

As I try to do with all correspondence that lands on desk, I answered her questions patiently and with the least judgment possible for her point of view, trying to educate without being to prissy and preachy... That seemed to be the right thing to do, because about a week later, she took the plunge and against her common sense, she bought perfume - a sample package to share with her friends and family - to make up for lost olfactory time so to speak... Not only that, she even posted about it on her anti-perfume blog, titled You Stink!

Today, I received another email from her, with a link to her review of Rebellius - the one perfume that won her heart from the selection of samples she tried, and I have to say, there couldn't be a better way to start this new year of perfume, with new hopes that perfume will gain better reputation even among its "enemies".

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At January 04, 2008 4:57 AM, Blogger chayaruchama said...

Thanks for the link.

I just read it...
[A good illustration of America-
"I may not agree with you, but I'll fight to defend your right to say it ..."]

 
At January 13, 2008 6:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! I definitely agree with your method of dealing with someone in this type of situation, and it just goes to show that it is much more rewarding even if it involves more time and patience :)

 
At March 14, 2008 4:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so horrified by this person's whingeing little blog that I very nearly wrote her a hateful email. So narrow! So self-limiting! So thankful I don't have her as my governor or something! And TRULY thankful I do not live in a country likely to ever pass anti-scent laws.

 
At March 14, 2008 11:22 AM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Anonymous,
Have you read the blog entry I linked to? She changed her mind a little about perfumes and posted about it here:
http://youtotallystink.blogspot.com/2008/01/new-year-new-thinking.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home