Monday, January 29, 2007

ACT III: The Heart Twitching Longing of No. 19


A slight distance whiff of this perfume will effortlessly bring tears to my eyes…
I find No. 19 to be the most melancholic perfume of all times… It is the odour of uncertainty, the smell of lost love and of fruitless longing…
I find myself wearing it only to intensify the feeling of a lonely abandonee in the midst of a big cruel world…
The sharp green notes at the beginning are strong enough to press on my tear-glands, and what comes after is a rush of stingy green olfactory particles, sharp and transparent as glass fragments…
No. 19 is deceivingly perceived by some as a warm chypre fragrance. In fact, it is icy-cold cruelty to my heart.
Than comes my favourite part – when the rose emerges, and there is a moment of grace, with its warm powderiness supported by orris and leather notes…
But when it finally dries down, it is again a heartless woody, stingy-powdery scent of orris, smoky cedar wood and bitterly dry oak moss that is not enough to console me at all...(Supported with some skin-burning fresh frankincense…) this all will make me regret wearing it, and yet longing for something that never appears to come, though promised…

Without doubting its superb quality and artistic balance, using a rightfully generous ratio of natural essences from the best sources skillfully crafted - I find it very hard and almost impossible to wear No. 19 without shedding a tear.

If you share the same feeling towards No. 19, I suggest you wear it only when you are absolutely sure that your lover (yes, that unserious guy that you started to have feelings for) will never show up…
Image of refillable EDT from ImaginationPerfumery.com

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home