Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!


paperchainnoshadow, originally uploaded by Seldom Nice Nowadays.

First of all – Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers of the world! And of course to the children of the world who made them mothers (hey, that means all of us)!

As you probably already know by now, if you leave a comment here today, you will be raising money for FINCA International, an organization that provides loans to low-income micro entrepreneurs, focusing especially on women.

For each person that will post a comment on SmellyBlog on today, I will donate $1 to FINCA International. This way I hope that there will be more small businesses to make the business world more diverse and help more women gain independence – financially and otherwise.

I also encourage you to visit and leave a comment on the other blogs that participate in this project “Benevolent Blogging”. These bloggers which will donate from their own personal money to the charity of their choice are:



You are more than welcome to leave comments on any of the posts for today, Sunday, May 14th, 2006, and I will count you in!

Hugs,

Ayala

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At May 14, 2006 3:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Ayala,

Thank you for the wonderfully evocative and inspiring blog! I have been lurking for a while and have enjoyed reading your impressions of the fragrances of Isreal, especially
Keep up the good work

Mark from Adelaide, South Australia

 
At May 14, 2006 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Funnily enough, my mother wore so many fragrances, I can't think of one which defines her -- although, when I smell one of them, I instantly think of my mother.

Now my grandmother? Chanel No. 5. Without a doubt.

 
At May 14, 2006 9:47 AM, Blogger StickyKeys said...

I'm a friend of Katie's. Happy Mother's Day! Good luck, and thanks for doing this, it's really great!

 
At May 14, 2006 2:45 PM, Blogger Minka said...

Yep, came here via Kyahgirl and have to say that I just love this idea and am glad that my little comment can do something good! Happy mother´s Day to all the mothers out there!

 
At May 14, 2006 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home